Metro Winnipeg Council for Exceptional Children (MWCEC)
Who are We?
The Metro Winnipeg Council for Exceptional Children (MWCEC) is one of the three geographical chapters of the Manitoba Council for Exceptional Children (MCEC). All members of the MCEC who reside in Southeastern Manitoba are also members of the MWCEC.
Custom writing services https://www.collegebasics.com/blog/custom-writing-services-us/
What do we Do?
The Metro Winnipeg Council for Exceptional Children is dedicated to providing Professional and Personal Development opportunities to Educators and Families of children with exceptionalities. There are various ways that we do this:
- Special Area Groups for Educators (SAGE) Conferences
- Each year MWCEC co-ordinates the MCEC SAGE.
- Transition Forums
- The MWCEC has partnered with School Divisions to provide information sessions for students with an exceptionality that will be transitioning into post school life. Representatives from various agencies are available to provide information so that families may make an informed choice as to what their child will do after high school.
- PD Sessions
- The MWCEC has partnered with other organizations and agencies to provide PD for both educators and families. Previous sessions have included:
- Brain Injuries
- How to prepare for your child’s IEP
- Parent Talk with Chick Moorman
- Community Conversation (Parents and School Psychology Students)
MWCEC also offers two $500 scholarships annually to students with an exceptionality that will be pursuing post-secondary education.
|Vice President:||Robyn Lechow|
|P.D. Co-ordinator:||Dean Jonasson|
|SAGE Co-chairs:||Rod Lauder, Cathy Paterson|
|SAGE Registrar:||Barb Metro|
|At Large:||Andrew Klaprat|
Our Executive is elected at our Annual General Meeting each May.
For more information about MWCEC, contact us as .